Oh, boy. If you follow the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, have we got a present for you. Take all the concealed anger a newsroom holds. Mix in some petty slights, a dose of jealousy, a gallon of bile and a lot of money. The result is a 73-page federal court filing full of anger, cheap shots, dish and the weight of at least one staffer. It's Allison Walzer's response to the TL's motion for summary judgment. Strangely – or not strangely – no one has reported on it.
If you're like us, you'll feel dirty by the time you're done reading it. It's a great window into her lawsuit against the paper, which has proceeded largely in the shadows. The low/highlights:
• Everyone, and we mean everyone, has been deposed in this case. Allison. Pat. Iseman. Clark. Joe Butkiewicz. Diana Kurutz! Paige Danoff, Allison's daughter!
• Alison was the “main household breadwinner”
• Allison made $1.74 million from 1996 to 2005! In Wilkes-Barre!
• Since getting the boot, Allison averages $12,000 a year.
• A guy at a temp agency (!) told her she was “kryptonite” in Wilkes-Barre.
• McHugh gave scads of free advertising -- including a free 12-16 page tab three times a year! -- to the Catholic Youth Center. And he hates Jews.
• McHugh made Allison walk his dog.
• McHugh was “a poor student at Miami Dade Community College and Florida International University,” while Allison went to Cornell and Columbia.
• Clark Van Orden tips the scale at 270 pounds!
• Di was going to get rich and famous through her daughter's work as a child model.
• Allison says she was Clark's BFF. Clark says he was scared shitless of Allison. Allison now says Clark is a lying turd.
• Allison says Iseman orchestrated the whole thing “for his own personal ambition.” (?)
And on and on and on. Oh Allison also says Matt Golas is really stupid. And that McHugh hates Jews and women and especially Jewish women. There's a lot of inside baseball about Sharon Petchel and Claire Schecter. And bar mitzvahs. Enjoy. (The files are hosted on another site and will download as .pdf files. If you have a good reader you can search by keyword for your favorite parts!)